Saturday, July 25, 2009

Girl's Weekend

It's just me and my beautiful girls this weekend :-)

Last night we all drove up north to the campground where Sam and Ian are camping for the weekend. The girls and I hung around while they set up camp then enjoyed a few s'mores together before heading home, leaving them to their male bonding.

The trip home should have taken us about 50 minutes.

But...

It took us about ten minutes to find our way out of the campground. We just kept driving around and around...

Then we had to stop at Dairy Queen to fortify us for the ride home. I am sure you understand the importance of such a stop.

Then there were a couple of stops to reset the dvd player so that the girls could watch another episode of Hannah Montana. (Again, I am sure you see the importance here as well)

I don't particularly enjoy driving. I don't like to drive in the dark, rain, snow, traffic, on the highways or pretty much any day ending in "y".

We made it home in about an hour and a half. Julie was waiting at the front door while I was just about to get Jordan out of her car seat when I realized I had forgotten to stop for milk for this morning.

Ahem.

We all got back into the van, went to the gas station and bought a carton of milk (which I never do because there is something about buying milk at a gas station that is about 5 kinds of wrong) and we made it back home again.

Whew!

The girls were in bed by (gulp) 11:10pm and I enjoyed a very peaceful couple of hours watching whatever I wanted to watch on tv and chatting to a friend on facebook.

But mostly I missed my boys.

(I slept on the couch so I could hear the killer when he arrived. That's right - he's not going to sneak up on ME)

Today I am taking the girls to Build A Bear and then we're going to "do lunch". Tonight we'll pull out the sofa-bed and sleep there while watching movies until we fall asleep.

Sweet.

I saw this video this morning and I loved it!



Have a great day!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:05 p.m.

    Ha, Ha. As I read this all I kept hearing was "see ya monday"-lol. Ah the good ol' days.

    ReplyDelete