Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Goodbye Shannon...

This week I learned that a woman I worked with for many years - and enjoyed a close friendship with for a time - suffered a brain aneurysm on Sunday and was on life support. Shannon was taken off of life support yesterday after tests failed to show any brain activity.

I am so, so sad.

She had a smile that lit up the room, and she had one for everyone. She had a very quick wit and a warm heart.

She had a young daughter and the thought of that little girl growing up without her mother just breaks my heart.

It amazes me that a person is here one minute and can be gone the next. It really puts life into perspective, doesn't it? Death is so final. It is really making me look at my own life, at what truly matters and what doesn't. I don't want to waste my time here.

We really need to live more intentionally, don't we? To make our short time here matter.

I wonder what kind of legacy I will leave or what people will say about me when I'm gone.

What must it be like to finally be in the presence of the Lord? To be here one moment, and then to be standing face to face with Him the next? To walk with Him, talk and laugh with Him.... to even hug Him! How totally awesome that will be.

Tomorrow night I will go to say goodbye to Shannon at her viewing. As deeply sad as I am that she is no longer here on earth, I am even more excited that she is with the Lord. How could I possibly wish her back here?

I will see her again.

Goodbye for now, Shannon... until we meet again.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Huge Hugs!

    I am so sorry to hear about this. The Lord will take good care of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge Hugs!

    I am so sorry to hear about this. The Lord will take good care of her.

    ReplyDelete