Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Book Review: The Bishop



FBI Special Agent Patrick Bowers's cutting-edge 21st-century geospatial investigative techniques and impeccable logic have helped him track some of the country's most grisly killers. But those skills are pushed to the limit in this new installment of the highly-acclaimed, award-winning The Bowers Files series. This time it's a congressman's daughter who is found dead even as her killers launch a spree of perfect murders in the Northeast. With nothing to link the crimes to each other, Agent Bowers faces his most difficult case yet--even as his personal life begins to crumble around him.

Known for his intricately woven, masterfully plotted novels of high-octane action and spine-tingling suspense, Steven James delivers once again. The Bishop is a gripping, adrenaline-laced story for readers who are tired of timid thrillers.

Strap on your seatbelt and get ready for a wild ride. The game is on.


~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Oh.my.word.

I don't even know where to START to review this book.

Fantastic. Suspenseful. Riveting. Masterful storytelling.

Oh yes.

Apparently this book is the third in a series, but was fabulous as a stand alone novel. The author creates vibrant (and creepy!) characters that keep you hooked. The storyline is fast paced and I found myself reading late into the night, unable to put it down. Preparing my daughter's breakfast, novel in hand.

It was that good.

Just when I thought I knew what was going on, the story would change and I'd realize I was wrong. Twists and turns everywhere!

I liked the different story lines that occurred throughout the novel, and how they all tied together in the end.

This is - by far - one of the best suspense novels I have read in a very, very long time. I'm going to have to look into the author's other work to see if I like it as much.

PLEASE NOTE: With the offer to review this book came a very heavy warning that stated the book contained violence and graphic descriptions of disturbing crime scenes, taking the reader inside the minds of psychopathic killers. Please keep this in mind should you decide to read this book for yourself.

This book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc. Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment