Sunday, February 21, 2010

Book Review: Hunter's Moon



Every family has secrets. Few will go as far as the Baxters to keep them.

Bestselling novelist CJ Baxter has made a career out of writing hard-hitting stories ripped from his own life. Still there's one story from his past he's never told. One secret that's remained buried for decades.

Now, seventeen years after swearing he'd never return, CJ is headed back to Adelia, NY. His life in Tennessee has fallen to pieces, his grandfather is dying, and CJ can no longer run from the past.

With Graham Baxter, CJ's brother, running for Senate, a black sheep digging up old family secrets is the last thing the family and campaign can afford. CJ soon discovers that blood may be thicker than water, but it's no match for power and money.

There are wounds even time cannot heal.


~*~ ~*~ ~*~


I found this book to be very slow to start and hard to get into. There was almost too much description and stage setting that went on for the first 60 or so pages. I found it hard to keep my focus on what was going on as I much prefer a book that grabs me right from the get go.

I think the premise of the story was good, and it certainly moved quickly in parts, but the book as a whole didn't grab me. Too long to get to the crux of the story, then it was over. I was left feeling very unsatisfied.

Lots of big words in places that didn't flow naturally. But I kept reading because I love a good secret!

Would I read another one of this author's books? Likely not, as I felt it was geared to a more masculine audience.

This book is courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available now at your favourite bookseller.

No comments:

Post a Comment