Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Book Review: Swinging On A Star



Bella Rossi's life is nearing perfection. She's got the perfect guy, she's running a successful business, and she's about to plan her most ambitious wedding yet, a Renaissance-themed fairy tale come true, complete with period costumes and foods, horse-drawn carriages, and even a castle. There's just one hitch. The best man just happens to be Brock Benson, Hollywood's hottest and most eligible bachelor. Oh, and did we mention he's staying at the Rossi house to avoid the paparazzi?

With all the pressure surrounding this wedding, Bella's not sure she's going to make it through. Add her starstruck sister, her feuding aunt and uncle, and a trio of large, sequined church ladies with even bigger personalities, and you've got a recipe for disaster--and a lot of laughs


~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Being that this novel is the second in the series, I was a little concerned that I might be missing something by not having read the first book. Had I done so I would have had a better background on the main character, Bella. However this book can certainly be read and enjoyed on its own.

While I did find it a little slow to grab my attention at first, I found myself "all in" soon enough, and enjoyed it right through to the end.

A couple of details that I appreciated was that the story is told by the first person narrative, something I don't see much of anymore. I also liked that each chapter's title was a Frank Sinatra song - I love 'Ole Blue Eyes ;-)

This novel overflows with comedy, romance, love of family and fine cooking. The characters are well developed and enjoyable. Definitely a sweet read.

This book is courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

Available now at your favourite bookseller.

1 comment:

  1. I think I will read this one! Thanks for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete