Monday, March 05, 2012

Answered Prayers

Today has been one of those feel good days and I've just been soaking it up.

Matthew is becoming more and more mobile every day. He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth, but only takes one or two "knee steps" before he flops on his belly. But he has mastered the army crawl and has gotten quite fast at it. He knows what he wants and goes for it!

Today he sat looking at one of the chairs in the living room, and right before my eyes I watched him pull himself up so he was standing. He looked over at me and just beamed. The more I clapped and praised him, the prouder he looked and the harder he laughed. Then he started slowly working his way along the chair until he got to the edge. He looked at the foot stool, then back to the chair, then to the foot stool. And then he went for it. Bless his heart, he fell between the two, but he tried! I was so excited.

I got to see every single second of it.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love being at home with my children? These moments are so precious.

I've had two prayer requests answered in the last 24 hours and it's been so exciting. I've been praying about so many things lately that I'm sure God is getting a headache just from the sound of my voice.

One of the things I've been praying about is an opportunity to connect with other mothers who stay at home, who also have young children. We don't really have any MOPS groups that I can find, and I don't want to pay for a class and find out we don't like it. And the Early Years Centre I checked out smelled and looked dirty. So... I just asked God to open a door for me and He did! A friend of mine contacted me yesterday to invite me to a Mom & Baby group that has recently started. The woman hosting it lives just down the street from me and has a 3 1/2 year old and a 7 month old. How perfect is that?? I'm so excited to go. That's on Thursday afternoons from 1:30 - 3:30. I'll have to leave a bit early in order to get Sam and Julie from school, but it'll be so worth it.

The other thing is, I've been praying for awhile now about an opportunity to join a Bible study. I used to be a part of a group of lovely women who I loved dearly and trusted with my spiritual journey and I've been missing them so much. I started going to the Wednesday morning Coffee Break at my church back in the Fall, but it just didn't feel like a good fit for me at the time. When I was ready to try it again I learned that it had been cancelled for some time. I just started praying that God would open a door for me to join in somewhere and He did! This morning I received a message from a lovely woman from my church letting me know it's starting up again this Wednesday and I just can't wait! Apparently we're going to be doing a Beth Moore study and you know how I love me some Beth Moore.

I have other things I'm praying about, and God will answer those in His time, in His ways. But I feel as though He is giving me something to help me as I wait for those answers. Does that make sense?

I feel as though something big is about to happen. I can't explain why I feel that way, I just do. I'm not saying that suddenly everything is going to become perfect, but I just sense that something good is coming. I hope I'm right!

I was supposed to be returning to work part-time next month, and then full-time beginning in September to July to cover a maternity leave, but then on Friday that offer was taken back due to some immediate internal changes. I'm ok with it, and will look at some other options. Obviously I am hoping that I will be able to continue to stay at home with the children a little longer, but I'm trying to keep my mind open.

Ok, I think I've talked long enough for one night. You are now free to go.

:-D

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:42 p.m.

    This makes me smile.

    Cassandra

    ReplyDelete