Tuesday, February 17, 2009

End of the Weekend

I enjoyed this past weekend and was sad to have it end.

We all played Mario Kart on our Wii on Saturday afternoon and as I predicted, I sucked. I don't think there is anyone on the planet that sucks more at that game than I do. My friends Karin and Karen want me to play with them. I think I'll save myself the embarrassment...sorry ladies!

I made dinner for Ian and me once the children were in bed and we had a picnic on the living room floor and watched Fireproof. EXCELLENT movie. Ugh I cannot tell you how awesome this movie is. Our church was showing it the same night, but we stayed home.

Sunday we got up to go to the early service at church and the sermon was based on the movie, so that was really nice. I'm glad they didn't show this fantastic marriage tool - and it really is! - and then just leave everyone hanging. In the afternoon the children and I visited with my mother and sister while Ian was at a magic show.

After dinner I went to see Friday the 13th with Cindy & Jen and few others. It was crazy packed there and of course I screamed like a little girl at everything. It's very true to the old-style versions, but it wasn't a remake or a continuation. It was just a Jason Movie. Afterwards Cindy, Jen and I met up for coffee.

By now I think you know that "coffee" is a code word for "frosty".

Monday was Family Day. This is the second year we've had this statutory holiday and it causes such distress for so many industries, because they don't get to take part in it. It was an election promise - "vote for us and we'll give you an extra long weekend in February". Ian and I thought it was so familiar to high school..."vote for me and I'll put grape juice in all the water fountains!!"

Ian let me sleep in until (triple gasp!!!) 1pm. I NEVER sleep that late. Sleeping in at our house is 9am. I felt so lazy but I loved it. We headed over to my mother's for dinner to celebrate Family Day. I baked a cake and put fresh strawberries on top, and also baked her some Skor Squares which she absolutely loves. Dinner was lovely with lots of laughter and crazy stories. I hated to leave, but the children had school today.

I dropped them off at school this morning then went to visit my mom again to help her with a few things, but she was sleeping when I arrived, so I just read the paper at the kitchen table until she woke up. She isn't sleeping well and she is still in pain. My heart aches because I can't help her. It's really a horrible feeling watching a parent suffer. I hate feeling so helpless.

I watched The Bachelor last night and was shocked that he sent Jillian home. SHOCKED! I hope he picks Melissa in the end. Things are heating up...

No news on the employment front. Trying to stay positive but it's hard.

That's all my thrilling news for today.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:07 p.m.

    Ah man...you should have had a warning at the beginning of your blog that you were going to give away Bachelor info...I haven't seen it yet!! I loved Gillian!

    ReplyDelete