Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March Break ~ Day Three

Today the children started their day off by watching the original Escape to Witch Mountain which they absolutely loved. Ian then took them to see Race to Witch Mountain, which they also absolutely loved. Jordan and I stayed home and enjoyed a nice, quiet afternoon together.

The agency I met with yesterday called me this morning to offer me a three day placement for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week, doing data entry. I'm grateful for the work. And I need to make a call to a gentleman I worked with a couple of years ago to see if he's hiring anyone. Just the thoughts of making a cold call like that has my innards all buggered up. Oh well. Not the time to worry about that I suppose. Ian has an interview with another recruitment firm downtown tomorrow so hopefully something will come from that.

I'm feeling heavy hearted about going back to work and disappointed in myself for feeling this way. I wish I felt more gracious about it instead of being so selfish. I've had 14 months at home with my children and I expected to have to go back to work when Jordan was four months old, so really I shouldn't be feeling this way. Instead I should be grateful for the time at home I've been blessed to have. Its just that being a stay-at-home mom has been a dream come true for me and I'm not ready to give it up. Ugh. I hate this. Suck it up already, Kate!

I'll try to stop whining about this. Really I will.

This evening I met up with Cindy and Jen at our usual Tim Horton's for our weekly girl time. Two high dudes were yelling at one of the ladies behind the counter, swearing like crazy. I kept my "you should be ashamed of yourself!!" comment to myself because frankly I didn't feel like getting my butt kicked today.

I have yet to win anything from Tim Hortons' Roll Up The Rim To Win contest. I think it should be renamed Roll Up The Rim To Lose. All that effort to roll the bleeping rim just to read "Please Play Again". Why? So I can LOSE again?

Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment