Monday, March 30, 2009

12 Month Stats

This morning I took Jordan to see Dr L for her 12 month check up and next set of vaccinations. She had two shots, one for MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) and the other was for Meningitis. I was really, really nervous (and frankly still am) about the MMR shot because of all the lawsuits in the US which accuse that vaccine of causing Autism. We had a great chat about that and he calmed (most) of my fears.

Actually, Dr L was quite chatty today and we covered many topics on childcare, vaccinations and medicine in general. Did you know that you can only get Shingles if you've already had Chicken Pox? And that you don't catch Shingles from someone who has it, Shingles actually comes from yourself. Interesting.

Jordan now weighs 22 lbs 10 oz. She was so cute laying on the scale. She's so long and we had to kind of fold her up so she was entirely on it. When we stretched her out to measure her length the woman said "My goodness she's long". Well, with a dad that is 6'2" and a mom that is 5'9" what can you expect?? Of course I can't tell you how long she is because I was still hung up on the 22 lb part.

What would I do if I didn't have SOMETHING to worry about when it comes to her?

Apparently a baby should triple its birth weight by its first birthday. Well, she was 8lbs 9 oz at birth so she should be at least 24 lbs...but she's not. I asked if she was underweight and he said no.

Then he got really excited.

Remember this post when he got very excited about her percentile growth chart thing? Well, today he was even more excited. She's in the 77th percentile for weight and in the 78th percentile for height. "You know I never understand what that means" I said.

"Just look at this, Kate. Just LOOK at it!" he said while he whipped the monitor around for my viewing. "She's perfect! PERFECTLY PERFECT! It looks like someone has drawn this to show what perfect growth looks like, and she's it!"

Yes sir, she's "it" alright. Brilliant, perfect, wonderful...

She's good to go with table food only and we can forgo the formula and keep her just on whole milk. She was so cute at the table tonight, tasting everything on her plate, looking happily at everyone.

Tomorrow is Day One of my three day temp placement. I'm feeling a lot of anxiety about it even though I know everything will be fine. It's been a very long time since I've worked in an office...

Stay tuned for the highlights of my work day tomorrow :-)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:32 p.m.

    Way to GROW Jordan! I love Dr. L...he is so comforting.

    Good luck tomorrow...you'll do GREAT! xo

    ReplyDelete