Friday, October 28, 2011

5QF ~ October 28

Happy Friday peeps!

This week seemed to be busier than usual. A few highs and a few lows, but overall a pretty good week.

The highlight of my week was Wednesday evening when I met up with my dear friend Linda for dinner. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was to see her. I've been pulling away from people a lot this year and it felt so good to reconnect with her again.

Dinner was delicious and the company even better. What a lovely, soul nourishing evening.

Tonight we headed out in search of a pumpkin farm once the big kids finished their homework. We ended up at a farm we've been to before that has horrible, horrible customer service...but hundreds of pumpkins.

Watching my children search out the best pumpkin is something I never get tired of watching. Julie picked ours this year and Ian will help them carve it on Sunday or Monday after school.

Today will be a busy one as Ian is having surgery this afternoon, so I have to get my Littles packed up and over to my Mama's for most of the day. But the weekend will be a slow and quiet one with just the six of us while Ian rests and gets waited on and spoiled. :-)

So, let's get this Five Question Friday show on the road!

1. Do you prefer cotton, silk, or flannel sheets?

I like cotton the best, and I love it when the sheets are cool. In the winter time ou bedroom is always so cold by the time I go to bed, and I love how the sheets are always cool. LOVE IT. I hate feeling hot when I sleep. Sometimes I whip off my blankets and turn the fan on full blast and just lay there. Meanwhile, Ian is wrapped up like some kind of Burrito Boy.

So that said, flannel sheets are out. We have them but I'm always so hot that I don't ever want them on our bed.

And satin sheets... oh mercy. We have those too. Nothing like sliding right off the bed onto the floor, which may or may not have happened to me. Once or twice. I'm not telling.

2. What time zone are you in?

I actually had to google this one. Eastern Standard Time.

3. What is your favorite part of the holiday season?

I love time with family, our family traditions, and all the great food.

4. What is your favorite "wintry" drink? (It doesn't have to be an "alcoholic" drink!)

I don't really have one. I like hot chocolate but really I'm most happy with a cup of tea. I don't like egg nog. That stuff is just nasty. Barf in a carton I always say.

5. In your opinion, what is the worst job in the world?

Oh I can think of a lot of them.

Trash collector. The people that clean up after crime scenes. The military personnel that travel to soldiers' homes to tell their families that they died in combat. Anything that deals with blood or guts.

Ok that's that.

Did you notice the sidebar photos I added of the children? I love them. The photos and the people in them ;-)

Have a great day everyone!



Head on over to Mama M's blog My Little Life to join in on the fun!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Kate? I love that you do not like the egg nog (ewwwww) and picked the same icky job as me! I think we're sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did notice the photos on the sidebar! Also, I've never really tried eggnog and was always under the impression that I was missing out. Guess not! :)

    ReplyDelete