Saturday, October 08, 2011

Proud Of My Boy

It's Thanksgiving weekend and I'm just not feelin' it this year. It's my favourite time of the year and I'm just not into it.

I am emotionally and physically sick from stress and it sucks.

Meh. Life goes on.

Sam really impressed me this week. His friend *C* lost his dad suddenly on Monday and Sam asked to go to the viewing to pay his respects to the family. He came home from school and changed into something more appropriate and we headed over. I was prepared to go in with him as he'd never been inside a funeral home before, not to mention ever seen a casket, but he said no, he'd be fine. We went over a few things and he left me in the car.

An hour and fifteen minutes later I went in to check on him to make sure he was ok. There he was, sitting with *C* and a group of their friends, right up near the casket. He was ready to go but didn't know how to break away.

I was so proud of him for doing that, and for doing it all on his own. He said he felt good about going.

How fast they grow.

Well, I'd better run. It's 2pm and I'm still in my jammies. I need to shower, do my hair and get Matthew bathed and dressed so we can head out.

Hope you're enjoying your Saturday :-)

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Good job Sam! I know his friend and their whole family appreciated the support! I know when we lost my dad, almost a year ago, we were so impressed that Little Brother's high school sent TWO buses to the church so that his classmates could offer their support during a very difficult time. It's so impressive when young people put other people first and make those mature decisions!!! Way to go, Mama, for raising an incredible young man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you and your family. I know its hard to enjoy holidays when you are stressed. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me teary. You know why Sam is such a great kid? 'Cuz he has amazing parents...he wouldn't be the way he is without you! Pat yourself on the back, Kate (and Ian!) you done good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is remarkable! Aren't [some!] children amazing! Just imagine how great he'll be as an adult! You're doing something right up there!! :)

    ReplyDelete