Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Blah Blah Blah Its Wednesday...

Last night we welcomed a new little creature to the clan. Sonic the guinea pig.

Sam has been saving for a "buddy" for Shadow and had finally saved up enough money so last night we all headed off to PetSmart for him to pick one out. I love guinea pigs. I had three of them growing up and they are rather charming little creatures with a lot of personality. I wasn't there when Ian introduced the two of them together, but I hear Sonic got quite the welcome. Apparently they cuddled together all night. Sweet.

Last night was my evening out with Cindy and Jen and I think it ranked as our best time ever. I can't remember the last time I laughed that much. I am always on the lookout for suitable men to match these two up with and last night I found the perfect one for Cindy. PERFECT. Of course we spent so much time trying to figure out how to approach him without freaking him out that he eventually left.

I should have just used my Wal-Mart approach and said "Psst!" Throw all caution about being freaky to the wind. This is Cindy's future after all!

Oh well. There's always next week.

This morning I was at Coffee Hour and it was so good to see Jen again. (I have a few friends named Jen so try to keep up! ;-) She is so pregnant and so cute. Today she let me feel the baby kicking which in itself was amazing because you just do not touch Jen when she is pregnant. Can't wait to see her little baby. Just over two weeks to go...

I loved what we worked on at Coffee Hour this morning. We made prayer cards out of scrapbook materials. We're challenging ourselves to pray about something for 60 days. On the front we write what we are praying for and steps we can take. On the back, we mark off each day we've prayed for this particular item. I loved this idea so much that I think I'm going to suggest this as a craft for the children to work on after school today.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd post a picture of it. And one of Sonic. But that would involve finding the camera, taking the pics, resizing them, then posting them.... and I am tired right now.

After Coffee Hour I picked up a prescription and dropped off some dry cleaning. I was wandering around Chapters with Jordan, reading the magazines for free (love that) when my cell phone rang. It was the school.

Is it bad when you are on a first name basis with the school secretary...?

"Hi Kate...its Helen..."

"Oh hi Helen...which one is it today?"

Julie had fallen in the school yard and had ripped up her knees. When she put Jules on the phone she told me about "all the blood gushing out" of her knees and that she was "bleeding all over the place".

I left Chapters and ran into the house to pick up a pair of jeans and socks and headed over to the school. I didn't know whether or not to take her home with me.

Oh I bet you already know what I decided to do. You know she's here right now... I am such a softie. She was dramatically limping all over the place, then she'd only limp when I was looking. I just checked on her and she is KNEELING while colouring.

!!!

My plans were to head out to Woodbridge to return a couple of items that someone had lent me for Jordan. Oh well, there is always next week, right?

2 comments:

  1. You know I'm making note of all your "softie" moments in preparation for my own in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a sweet softie! :D

    I love the prayer card idea - a lovely creation indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete