Friday, November 07, 2008

Slow Days

The last couple of days have been pretty slow.

Yesterday I let the kids skip school so we could just have a lazy day together. I know, I know...hardly the most responsible thing to do....but it sure made me cool to them!

Last night Jules and I headed out for Girl's Club. We were at the senior's home doing a craft with some of the residents. I am ashamed to admit this, but I don't relate well to the elderly. I don't know what to say at all and I hate that. But these girls...wow. They just chattered away and helped the seniors with their craft. So sweet.

Talk about sweet... These girls SQUEAL when they see me! "Kate! Kate!" I LOVE it. When it's time to sit down it's "Sit with ME Kate! NOO!! Sit with ME!!!" As I moved among them while they crafted it was "Look at mine, Kate! Look what I did!"

These little girls...they've got me.

Thank you again, Father. Thank you for this blessing...they are wonderful little people.

Ian was home today so I took advantage of that and had a nap. When he came to check on me it was 2 1/2 hours later!

!!!

I was so disoriented when I woke up. It felt like I'd been asleep all day. We ran a couple of errands and had dinner at the mall food court with the children. I always have to know what I want to eat before I get to the food court, otherwise the decision making process could go on until mall closing. Tonight's selection was Taco Bell. I love that place and in my opinion...there should be MORE Taco Bells in my city. And a Burger King in my area would be sweet.

Tonight we watched Tinkerbell for our Family Night movie. It wasn't too bad. I've always found her to be annoying but now I see her differently.

Easy there, Kate. It's a cartoon character not a person.

Tomorrow Julie starts soccer. I'm pretty excited about it. I am the typical mini-van driving soccer mom. I even have a soccer ball magnet on the back of my van. Oh yes...I sure do!

I am a God-loving, church-going, mini-van driving, stay at home soccer mom of three kids... If you had told me ten years ago that this would be my life today, I would have laughed and said "Not me! Definitely not me!"

Amazing how God blesses, isn't it?

I haven't said this in awhile...but I LOVE having a baby in the house again. Jordan is so incredibly sweet. I love how she'll look over at me and burst into a smile. I love how she calls me "Mum Mum" when she is upset and wants me. I love just cuddling her and making her laugh.

In other news...

I just about drove into the ditch the other day when I saw that gas was 85 cents.

I don't like that it gets dark so early. It feels like bedtime ALL THE TIME.

Remember when I blogged about The Bachelorette and how frustrated that DeAnna chose Snowboarding Jesse instead of Perfect Husband Material Jason? Well.. check the news people...DeAnna and Jesse have broken up. Uh huh.. I knew she made a mistake there.

That is all.

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out the movie to see this other side of Tink...she usually seems very self-absorbed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2.5 hours!!! I would've been disoriented too! I can't sleep that long without feeling groggy.

    I remember when I was a Sparks leader and the girls would do the "sit with me Rainbow!!" I loved it! If anything in this world is a true telling of God's perfection, it is children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2.5 hours!!! I would've been disoriented too! I can't sleep that long without feeling groggy.

    I remember when I was a Sparks leader and the girls would do the "sit with me Rainbow!!" I loved it! If anything in this world is a true telling of God's perfection, it is children!

    ReplyDelete