Friday, December 18, 2009

5QF - December 18th

What a week! I've been on-the-go Christmas shopping every day and y'all know how much I love shopping.

(insert eye-roll here)

I'm only half done and the thoughts of braving the crowds next week is making me apoplectic with anxiety.

But today is Friday and that means....

Drum roll please....

Mama M's Five Question Friday!



And this week's questions are:

~~~~~~

1. Which boy group did you like most in your teens?

I have to be honest here. It's been...ahem...awhile since my teens, and I couldn't remember what band names I'd written on my pencil case or notebooks,
so I googled 'boy bands' just to kick start my memory.

What popped up? New Kids On The Block. Let me tell you something. I never liked those guys and never saw what all my screaming, drooling friends did either. Their music and dancing drove me bonkers. That said, I am sure they are very nice people in real life.

Backstreet Boys? NSync? Maybe. Although I can't remember what they sang.

Remember Technotronic? Oh yeah. Butt-shakin' music right there. And Black Box? Yup, that was a fave. I remember driving around with my friend listing to them at full volume.

Oh yeah, I was cool back in the day.

2. Do you do Christmas cards, letters, photos, nuthin', all of the above?

I send Christmas cards each year. Last year I included our fall family photo along with separate pictures of the children. This year people are going to open their cards up to get nothin'. Ian has been so incredibly busy with his work that I didn't have the heart to ask him to clean up and print pictures for my cards.

You know what I'm not a fan of? Photocopied Christmas newsletters. I get that you don't want to write out everything you did all year long on every single card. But really...do I need to know who's wedding you went to way back in January? Nope. I like a personal note, one or two lines, handwritten.

Please and thank you.

3. If you could meet one celebrity who would it be and why?

I'm not that interested in meeting a celebrity to be completely honest. They're just everyday people who do something very public. Doesn't make them better or worse than me, just different. If I had to choose someone, then I would like to have tea with Jennifer Garner. She seems very real and down to earth and I appreciate that.

And maybe Dr. Phil. I'd like to tell him a few things, you know, tell him like it is.

4. Favorite thing to cook with (i.e. stainless, non-stick, Dutch oven, microwave, debit card...or, perhaps, a cauldron, etc.)?

I used to "cook" with my debit card. Take out is a mom's best friend, right?

I don't have name-brand cookware. I have pots that heat up really fast, cook evenly and wash really easily. Works for me.

5. What is the one thing you wear the most, besides your unmentionables?

My incredibly bright and positive attitude.

Yeah, I'm laughing too.

T-shirts and comfortable pants, mostly. I'm all about ease and comfort.

~~~~~~

Hop on over to Mama M's blog to take part in this fun, weekly blog carnival.

Have a great day, friends!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I love Jennifer Garner too! She just seems so real and normal. Nothing crazy ever said about her. And she is so cute and her paparazzi pics are her at the park with her kids! Good choice! Can you invite me when you meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through the blog hop - like your answers...I couldn't think of a boy band, either...but I don't think boy bands were the thing until after I graduated! Tough to make me feel old! Yikes!
    Great getting to know you!

    www.sammysblogmoms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate we have to talk... how can you not like boy bands! A girls best friend.. and what is technotronic? Never heard of them... but I love me some boot-tay shakin music!!

    Have a good weekend girl.. and get out there and get that shoppin done... come here and I will help ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technotronic...now there's a memory for ya!

    Ok, seriously, love the humor in your answers. Girl, you are way too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, you are, like...soooo old. :) I love ya!! And, yeah...wasn't asking for brand names you turd...just whatcha cook with (stainless steel?)...lata' girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Jennifer Garner also. I don't have name brand pots and pans either. I have stainless steel ones now but used my old ones until they flaked off while cooking. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. My band was NKOTB. I look back now and think why? And now that they are back, I could care less! I have a FB friend that has been going to a tonne of their concerts, like literaly following them on their tour. It's just wierd.

    I have no idea who I would have tea with..the queen perhaps...no...heck I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Technotronic...now there's a memory for ya!

    Ok, seriously, love the humor in your answers. Girl, you are way too funny!

    ReplyDelete