Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Catchin' Up

Can you believe that Christmas is only a few days away? I sure can't. There seems to be so much to do and I'm worried I won't get it all done. I'm frustrated with myself that with all the busyness of this time of year, I've taken my eyes and heart off the true Reason for this season: Jesus. I need to quiet my heart and refocus myself. And celebrate.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Thank you to all of you that shared your thoughts on my Would You Have Said Anything? post. I went back to that mall yesterday but didn't go to that store. I agreed with you all and I kept my trap shut.

Write this date down in your calendar, folks. It doesn't happen often.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Jordan is getting more and more verbal every day. In addition to saying "ass" she now shouts "die! die! die!". She gets this from Sam who shouts this at his Lego characters while playing on the xbox.

Last week I was at a different mall with Jordan, and after walking around for three hours we decided to head home. I was almost at the door when I realized that she had taken off one of her shoes and dropped it somewhere. We started backtracking to find it, and it was then that Jordan decided to shout her new word the entire way.

"DIE! DIE! DIE!"

I felt like an idiot. I didn't know how to make her stop. We walked for twenty minutes with her shouting before we found it. These were hardly expensive shoes...I paid $5 for them. So basically I walked for twenty minutes, totally embarrassed, for something that cost me $2.50. That's how cheap I am.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Sam had some friends over this past Saturday to hang out and play video games, so Julie and I headed out to see The Princess and the Frog for some girl time. It was a cute movie but I didn't think it was as good as the other Disney princess movies.

In case you were wondering, yes, I did doze off during it. I can't help it. That's what I do - I fall asleep during movies.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Speaking of Julie, she has been taking great delight in washing the dishes.



She did them again this morning after breakfast. My control issues are killing me. So is the amount of water and dish soap she is using.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Willow ripped a hole in my carpet.

!!!

Ian bought a runner to cover it up and to, hopefully, deter him from doing it anymore. Nope. He is going through that one too.

He has tons of toys and things to chew. What's up with this??

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I've been practicing my sugar cookies some more and made these for the kids' friends in the neighbourhood...



I decorated these for my friend Jen's son who turned 1 the other day.



Jen knows that these will likely get eaten before they make it to her house, so hopefully she'll appreciate the thought ;-)

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Ian's company Christmas party was this past Sunday and it was at a really cool venue. They had bumper cars, laser tag, stock car racing, and wall-sized screens for Wii bowling and Guitar Hero. They served pancakes and fruit, not that the children were interested in eating.

Poor Jordan...she tripped and fell flat on her face and cut herself just under her bottom lip. Now she looks like she has a soul patch goin' on there.



Lovely, huh? Just in time for my inlaw's visit this weekend.

Remember this pic?



I laughed so hard when I read this sign and had to post it for all of you to see. WhirlyBall is played while driving bumper cars around. I don't think I could play because it involves doing two things at once and well, that just isn't my forte.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

Alright friends. I have to get my clean on so my house is ready for Christmas. Good thing I have two kids I can put to work ;-)

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Quite a roundup!! Love the cookies, sorry about teh boo boos!... and the carpet! And the DIE DIE DIE in the store. I think I would DIE DIE DIE.

    But I love that you are growing and letting go of your self proclaimed control issues.

    I have never seen evidence of such issues and therefore I do not believe they exist. Hey, it works for the atheists right?

    Blessings!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:48 p.m.

    The cookies are beautiful..

    Emersyn would love to do the dishes..but I don't think I could handle it..

    I love the Christmas card you sent..absolutely love it! Thankyou!!

    Keely

    ReplyDelete
  3. A child who does the dishes??? You are so lucky!

    Love the sugar cookies!

    BTW, my 3 year old yells, "Poopy" in public without warning, so I feel your pain :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama, a little girl that does the dishes!! I love it and can't wait, but totally understand the control issues. I'm quite sure I'll be there too.
    I have a cake ball question that I am going to e-mail to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I am lucky that Chase does not say much yet? Hahaha! To funny! You will laugh about this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is hilarious she was yelling that in the mall. I am the type that would just turn around and forget the shoe.. so you are a better woman than me!

    Girl those cookies are rocking!! They are so adorable... I bet they took forever. I will be waiting on mine in the mail ;)

    loving the pics of your girlies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. DO you think Julie would come do my dishes? Alright, I'm kidding. Kind of.

    Those cookies came out amazing! I just made some cookies and am not impressed with my decorating skills, but OH WELL!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want the cookies. Now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite a roundup!! Love the cookies, sorry about teh boo boos!... and the carpet! And the DIE DIE DIE in the store. I think I would DIE DIE DIE.

    But I love that you are growing and letting go of your self proclaimed control issues.

    I have never seen evidence of such issues and therefore I do not believe they exist. Hey, it works for the atheists right?

    Blessings!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete