Monday, December 14, 2009

Wish Me Luck!

Today I am embarking on a journey I have been looking forward to, and at the same time been dreading.

Shopping at the mall.

While I am looking forward to selecting Christmas gifts for my family, I cannot stand large crowds and the pushing, shoving and long line-ups that result from them.



Ugh.

I'll be there when the doors open so hopefully I won't have to fight for a parking spot.

I'm packin' Tylenol in my purse should I need it, and chocolate chip cookies for Jordan to keep her happy should she need them.

I know, I know. Bribery. But if you know me then you know I'm not above bribing my children to make some situations easier.

Everyone does it, right??

Wish me luck!

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Wow, you're daring! I can never get any shopping done if I have my little ones with. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck, you!!! Hope you find some fabulous deals!! PS--that mall looks awesome...is it yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is not busy! You should see West Edmonton Mall ANY day! It is craziness, doesnt matter what time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun!

    Does Jordan do well while shopping..Edyn is good for maybe an hour..

    It goes down hill after that..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I hope you get what you need!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck!! I went yesterday and the crowds weren't as bad as I was expect so hopeful you will have a super productive day:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. God. Bless. You. I'm all about amazon.com and that's about where it stops... maybe a Target or Toys R Us trip with 2/3 but noooo way am I going to the mall any time soon.

    And bribery? Woman, you should see the suitcase of stuff I bring with me to church to keep my tot from running up and blowing out all those holy candles. Or to the doctor's office. It's absurd. I jokingly tell the nurses, "Hi, we're here to see Dr. So and so and if you don't mind, we're moving in, so I'll be having my mail forwarded here please throw out any bills."

    ReplyDelete
  8. I to am not afraid of a little choc. chip cookie to make the day go smooth. Nothing wrong with that. Mama and baby are both happy.. mission accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yeah, I bribe my children from time to time too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kate! Found your blog through another blog! Enjoyed reading through and I'm especially glad you're back on track with the scratch made cookies. It's the only way to go!

    Happy Holidays!
    -Jenniffer
    http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope that your day of shopping went well:) Did you find everything you were looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kate! Found your blog through another blog! Enjoyed reading through and I'm especially glad you're back on track with the scratch made cookies. It's the only way to go!

    Happy Holidays!
    -Jenniffer
    http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete