Sunday, October 17, 2010

5QF On Sunday!

Yep. I'm late to the Five Question Friday party this weekend.

Not just late, but seriously late.

Mama M will forgive me because a) she loves me best and b) I keep letting her win at Words With Friends.

Ok, I don't let her win, she kicks my butt. Every single time. It's embarrassing, really.

Anyway, on to this week's questions!



1. What is your favorite Halloween candy?

Reece's Peanut Butter Cups. I love them so much I just want to lock myself in the bathroom and eat them all so I don't have to share them.

If you know me then you know my stance on sharing. It's overrated.

2. Do you fold your socks?

I used to roll them. You know, put them together, then fold one of them over the other and pull through until you get a ball.

I hate folding socks. Hate. I don't like how some go missing and then I have lonely singles. We have a few "sock spots" around the house that have mismatched socks in them and the kids go digging for two that match. Ian's socks are mostly black so I'll roll his.

Sometimes I get fed up and buy new socks.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

And now you know more about our sock-life than you probably wanted to.

3. What is something that you wish you had been warned about?

I wish someone warned me that life hurts and dreams change. That planning a marriage was about more than who balances the chequebook or how many kids we'd have. I wish someone would have told me about the ways we could hurt each other so I could have avoided my part. I wish I was warned that pregnancies end abruptly, that layoffs are realities, that I would have to fight tooth and nail for some of the things I wanted.

I also wish someone had warned me about the steal-your-breath love I'd have for my children, that I'd worry about them every single second they were out of my sight, that no matter how hard I tried to be a perfect mother, I would still have moments of failure, and it's ok.

4. What is the most significant difference between you and your significant other?

He is patient and I am not. He loves to be social and I'm a homebody. He trusts the Lord with all his heart and I struggle with questions and doubts and periods of silence.

5. What are three words you would use to describe yourself? (And, just for fun...if your significant other is around, ask him/her what 3 words they would use to describe you!!)

Loving, funny, encouraging.

I asked Ian this question last night and I think he said caring, fun and loving.

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend :-)

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Socks are over-rated. Long live the flip flop!!

    You know what-failure isn't final. We all fail, usually on a daily basis. But life doesn't end there. Dust yourself off and get back up. You are a wonderful mother and your children adore you.

    Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love your answers! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Better late than never, right?

    I don't share my Reese's either! If we ever hung out, we'd each have our own stash. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Loving, funny, encouraging" - Yep...you in a nutshell. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can have ALL our peanut butter cups! Somehow I convinced myself I don't like them!
    Praying God will provide for you! (job, peace...and peanut butter cups, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm reece's peanut butter cups, those are one of my all time favs too!
    Hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of us is going to have to stop letting Mama M. win at Words with Friends. Her head might get big!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1.) I ♥ peanut butter cups. :)
    2.) I NEVER have missing socks. Ok, maybe once a year. Seriously. :)
    3.) Ditto! :)
    4.) He is patient & I am not - ditto!
    5.) Ditto, but I'm funnier than you. Baha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Loved your answer to #3...LOVED IT!!!

    And, I'd share my Reece's with you...'CUZ I'M NICE LIKE THAT.

    Oh, and you and Mrs. K can NOT gang up on me and make me lose at WWF. I'll cry.

    And then you'll have THAT on your heads.

    ReplyDelete