Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday's Treats ~ Apple Crumble

One of the things I love the most about Fall is apple picking with my family. We've gone to the same apple orchard for over thirty years.

Usually I never get around to doing anything with the bags of apples that we pick and most of them just rot which annoys Ian to no end.

But not this year! This year I tried my hand at Apple Crumble and fell in love with it.

This dessert is so easy and man oh man, is it ever good!



You'll Need:
8 apples
6 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
2 teaspoons of butter

Crumble:
4 teaspoons of butter
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of rolled oats

Peel and slice apples into a greased baking dish. Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over apples. Dot with two teaspoons of butter.

Blend the remaining four teaspoons of butter into brown sugar. Mix and add flour and rolled oats. Sprinkle mixture over apples.

Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

Serve warm or cold - it's delicious either way!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Yummy! The only thing that I don't have at home to make this is apples. Can't wait to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all look at you at the big 2-0-0 followers!! ;)

    This recipe looks delish! Even though I let our first batch of apples rot #fail I am heading back to get more so I can try this recipe. I love me an apple crumble and will be so proud of myself if I could make one!!

    Thanks for passing this along.. you rock girlie!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made about 6 pans of apple crisp since becoming pregnant, it is one of my all time favorite fall desserts! YUM! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. KATE KATE KATE!!! I've been meaning to email you back, seriously i have.. I was so Happy to read you email, your part of the reason i decided to take some time to come back to the bloggy world.. I miss you ladies..

    Thank you so much for remembering me.. YOUR A GEM, I knew that a long time ago!!! God Bless you and yours. Looking forward to catch up on your blog..

    Love Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! that looks so good! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a super blessed Fall!

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am making this TODAY!

    I have not been able to stop thinking about it since you mentioned it on Twitter. I have enough apples for a double batch of this and 2 pies...and they have been sitting in my fridge for over a month since we went to the orchard last month.

    I am so excited to make this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am making this TODAY!

    I have not been able to stop thinking about it since you mentioned it on Twitter. I have enough apples for a double batch of this and 2 pies...and they have been sitting in my fridge for over a month since we went to the orchard last month.

    I am so excited to make this!!!

    ReplyDelete