Monday, January 05, 2009

Another Busy Weekend

Apparently I've been neglecting my blog again, so here I am with an update.

Friday was Ian's 40th birthday and apparently he is not at all bothered by the fact that he is now almost a senior citizen. I feel absolutely youthful next to my old timer.

Cindy came to watch the children for us in the evening so we could go to see Quantum of Solace. I had absolutely no idea what it was about and I didn't really care. I liked it anyway. The children loved that Cindy was coming to stay with them and as usual she spoiled them with treats that she brought for them.

Saturday I visited with my mother and aunt, then the children stayed with them while Ian and I went out for dinner together at Montanas. I had the Baked Chicken Penne and it was so good. I'm still thinking about it two days later! After we brought the children home and put them to bed we played a game called "Battle of the Sexes" and while I had a sweet lead, he pulled a wild card and sent me back to the start and ended up winning the whole thing. Lame.

Sunday we went to church, then went to Square One so the children could use the Build A Bear gift cards they received for Christmas. Our stroller was in my mother's garage so my plan was to just carry Jordan around. Ian's plan was to rent one of those ridiculous looking and filthy racing car strollers.

GROSS! I had to wipe everything down with my wet wipes before she was overrun with cooties. Then I refused to even push it because it was so silly. Jordan, however, loved it. Traitor.

It was a zoo at BAB with two birthday parties going on at once. Complete chaos. The children each made new bears and still had enough money left over for an outfit for each. I love watching those bears "come to life".

In the evening I went to see Seven Pounds with Cindy. I figured out pretty quick what was going on (after all, it was hardly a Bond flick!) but the story was still lovely and I cried at the end.

I know. Big shock. Kate cried....again.

Afterwards we headed over to the Irish bar that Jen works at and I had my first beer in almost two years. I craved a cold beer all throughout my pregnancy and so I indulged last night. Actually, I had two of them. I have absolutely zero tolerance for alcohol because it hits me pretty quick. If I have one drink, I am anyone's friend. Two or more and I'm everyone's friend. After my two pints (that sounds like so much more than two beers) I was feeling pretty relaxed. Jen turned up the ABBA tunes (love them) and turned on the disco ball just for me. She did stop short of letting me sing along on stage with the mic.

Party pooper. Sigh. Every party has one I guess.

This morning the children returned to school and Ian went back to work. I spent the day at my mother's as usual. My aunt returns to Michigan tomorrow and we won't see her again until June.

Jordan was crawling everywhere, getting into everything. I don't know if Sam and Julie were this busy or if I'm just too old to be doing this. She pulled herself up to stand on her own in her playpen and we were all clapping for her. She just beamed.

You know what I'm about to say, so say it with me: She's brilliant.

I hope Coffee Hour resumes this Wednesday. I miss my ladies and I haven't seen Jen in a month! I can't wait to see her precious little baby. I wanted to go over sooner but I had a cold and then I was tied up with Christmas and New Years. I've seen pictures though and he is gorgeous.


  1. Anonymous11:57 p.m.

    Oh you did love that beer! hahahahaha
    You were so hilarious!
    It was nice to have you come to the pub. I won't say anymore.

  2. Jen "with one N"10:56 p.m.

    Oh you did love that beer! hahahahaha
    You were so hilarious!
    It was nice to have you come to the pub. I won't say anymore.