Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Trust

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Ian was laid off today.

I was at Coffee Hour when the Associate Pastor came up behind me and whispered in my ear that Ian had called the church office asking me to call him on my cell. I did so right away and he told me what had happened. I knew a layoff could be a possibility but still, it came as a shock.

I returned to the group but couldn't focus on the video, so I stepped out to call my mom to let her know what happened. Moms always make things better, don't they? When I came back, the group was taking prayer requests and I told them that Ian had been laid off, then started to cry. One by one they came to me, hugged me, then they all laid their hands on me and prayed for us.

What beautiful sisters I have. Thank you, Father.

I talked to Him all the way home, and asked Him to help me to be strong and encouraging for Ian, and to not give in to the despair that I can already feel is swirling around my feet. He gently reminded me that He has already written this story, He knows what is going to happen next and He has us squarely in His hands.

Oh how I love you, Lord.

I'm going to update my resume and send it out to some contacts that I've kept to see what is out there in my field. Of course, Ian will be searching too. Maybe we could make it a race to see who finds a job first. I do enjoy the occasional challenge.

That's it for now.

11 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you are going through this. Prayers being sent out for you and Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about Ian's job. You have a great attitude though and you are so right. As much as we want to "worry" about everything that "might" happen down the road - - what good does it do? Worrying about something can't change anything that has happened. You guys will be alright. Things will work out... I know who holds your future in His hands! ;)

    I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:37 p.m.

    it is great that you are trusting God through this situation. he will give you strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kate, I'm sorry. :( I hope and pray that Ian finds another position quickly. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending prayers out to both of you. A race could be a fun thing to blog about too! ;)

    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:20 p.m.

    and yes, moms do always make things seem better! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love hearing how you are trusting the Lord through this difficult time. He is faithful and He will be with you through it all!

    Lord, I pray for Kate and Ian. Oh, God, You know what they have need of. I pray that You would open doors of employment and show Yourself strong in their lives.
    Thank You, Father, in advance for what You are going to do!!!

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am really sorry to hear that Kate. but you are right. God will direct you and provide for you. You demonstrate an amazing faith and I know that He will see you guys through. Keep us updated on how things are going. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:25 a.m.

    Hey you lady. Just wanted to say I love you and I know that you and Ian are strong people and make a great husband and wife and I know you will be okay. I am here for you anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love hearing how you are trusting the Lord through this difficult time. He is faithful and He will be with you through it all!

    Lord, I pray for Kate and Ian. Oh, God, You know what they have need of. I pray that You would open doors of employment and show Yourself strong in their lives.
    Thank You, Father, in advance for what You are going to do!!!

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am really sorry to hear that Kate. but you are right. God will direct you and provide for you. You demonstrate an amazing faith and I know that He will see you guys through. Keep us updated on how things are going. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete