Monday, January 26, 2009

No Title Due To A Severe Lack Of Creativity

I finally have a few moments to update my blog with the intensely exciting events of my life!

Saturday night was awesome! We gathered with 20 or so of our closest friends to celebrate Ian's 40th birthday. It was such a fun night with great friends, great food, lots of laughter and easy conversation. I would not have been able to put this party together without the help of Mom, Cindy and Jen. They helped me plan and keep on track with things. I can't thank them enough. I was so anxious in the days leading up the party because I wanted everything to be perfect for Ian. I don't think it could have turned out any better. It truly was a great party.

Yes, Cindy....you should be a party planner! ;-)

I learned something on Saturday afternoon. Apparently it's some sort of a faux pas to bring your children into the beer store. I didn't realize this, being that I don't really drink. (Remember...one drink I'm anyone's friend...2 or more and I'm everyone's friend?)I got a lot of dirty looks from the people in there. Oh well. One does what one must.

Sunday morning I headed off to church while Ian recuperated at home with our over-tired children. It was so strange to not have any little ones with me. The worship was so moving and our most excellent pastor talked about depression. Wow. There's a topic close to home. He did a really great job and even opened up the floor to people with questions or if they simply wanted to share. Lots of tears all around. I chose not to share my own story however.

This weather is killing me. I feel so blah, and I need all the blinds open just to get enough light into the house. Its only January...spring is so far away. I look outside in the morning and I just want to crawl back into bed.

Whine, whine, whine....grumble, grumble, grumble....

Bears have it made... they get to sleep all winter. If reincarnation was real - which for the record I don't think it is - then I would want to come back as a bear and sleep all winter. Or better yet...as a cat, then I could sleep all day. Ugh... I am tired all.the.time.

Ian held down the fort last night so I could head up to bed early last night. Early as in 6:40pm! (blush) I listed to my beloved iPod then read for awhile. Very relaxing.

This morning I drove the children to school, then Jordan and I picked up muffins and coffee for mom and dropped by for a visit. It was so good to sit and talk to her. Usually I am there every day, but I've been slacking a little bit in that area and I've been missing her. Her back continues to cause her pain, but as usual, she never complains.

I haven't updated my weight loss ticker in a few days because I haven't been doing so well these last few days. I knew I would "cheat" on Saturday because of the party, but Sunday...well...you see...it really wasn't my fault...that left-over birthday cake just would not stop calling my name.... And today, well, today I just wasn't hungry at all. I finally scrambled some eggs a couple of hours ago but they aren't sitting well.

Tomorrow is another day and I will get back on track. I promised myself. No beating myself up for the last couple of days - just get back on track. I feel so good when I'm not eating sugar and carbs.

Tomorrow morning Ian has an interview with a placement agency. They said they were very impressed by his resume. Please say a prayer for him!

The woman I co-lead Girls Club with is having some sort of issue with her knee and is currently on crutches, and quite possibly may not make it to this Thursday night's meeting, which means I'm in charge. I've been very content to follow her lead all along but now I'll have to step up. I can do it, it's just out of my comfort zone and I am feeling very nervous about it.

Tomorrow I'm going to bring my camera and take a picture of that dude that parks in the kiss-n-ride and I'm going to post it on here and expose him. Maybe I will also take a picture of the dancing crossing guard as well. Yes.. I think tomorrow should be Picture Day.

Yep, that's how tomorrow is going to roll.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:13 p.m.

    AWW! I am sorry you aren't feeling well!

    Yes, don't beat yourself up! That is very positive-i have a hard time not beat myself up about the most stupid things.

    GIRLS CLUB?!?! -sweet- don't be nervous! They are probably awesome kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just keep smiling Kate :) Everything will work out just fine!!!
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW! I am sorry you aren't feeling well!

    Yes, don't beat yourself up! That is very positive-i have a hard time not beat myself up about the most stupid things.

    GIRLS CLUB?!?! -sweet- don't be nervous! They are probably awesome kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep smiling Kate :) Everything will work out just fine!!!
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete