Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Crabby

Day two of my "Lifestyle Change" and I'm crabby already.

Who am I kidding... I was crabby yesterday.

I had to toss out my beloved blow dryer because it started burning and set off the smoke detectors. Good thing I had a spare in my bathroom and it has more power.

More power! Arrrrr!

I usually go through a blow dryer a year, but this little guy held on for a few years. I also go through vacuums at a rate of one a year. I've been married for almost 13 years and we're on vacuum #14. Actually, #14 died and Ian was able to fix #13.

How is it that I go through so many? Well friends, that's a story for another day.

Today I woke up to more snow. It was an Early Release Day for the children so I seriously thought about not even making them go. But they did, and our usual 5 minute trip to school was 20. So frustrating.

Just as I was letting them out, Sam asks if I had his backpack. I said no and he started to get upset. This is the second time this has happened, but he absolutely hates when I nag (read: remind) him to make sure he has it before we leave the house. I told him that I guess this morning was going to suck because he was going to have to go without his snack and his books. I thought this would be a great opportunity to teach him a lesson in responsibility.

Ian felt differently. Apparently in his backpack was an assignment he worked on all last evening so it would be completed in time for today.

Sigh.

Back to the house I go to get the backpack. Ian met me at the door and handed it to me, along with Julie's books.

!!!

Back to school I go with their things to drop them off. When I was leaving, I saw a woman walking her dogs in her pjs. IN HER PJS.

There is a phenomenon I will never understand - public pj wearers.

I visited with my mom, picked up the kids, then took Sam for a haircut. I was thinking a nice #4 around the sides and back... he talked me into keeping his shaggy look. I got the whole "But Moooommmmm! It's how everyone wears their hair!" speech. I was concerned that he was just going with the flow like everyone else, but he said he really liked the shaggy look and wanted to keep it.

Wow. Between fetching forgotten assignments and letting him have his own way with his hair, I am either the biggest pushover on the planet or the best mom ever.

Ha. We all know the answer to that.

THE BEST MOM EVER!

(read: pushover)

He has been fussing with it for the last 20 minutes and is now satisfied that he looks the way he wants to.

Tonight I am going to see The Unborn with Nadine, Cindy and Jen. I hope it isn't another lame horror movie because I'm looking for a high-popout factor. I'll let you know if and how many times I scream.

Before I sign off for today, I thought I would brag about my excellent children that are arguing about who gets to set the table for dinner tonight.

Ha! Who GETS TO! I wonder how long this will last?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:41 p.m.

    That was a cute and funny post! loved it! <><

    ReplyDelete