Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Popcorn & Colouring Party

I wanted to do something fun with Jordan today so I decided to have a Popcorn & Colouring Party.

I'm not great at playing. It feels awkward to me and the children learned early on that I sucked at it. Thank goodness their father is so fun. He's like the playmate of the year.

Well... not that playmate of the year. You know what I mean.

The dude is fun.

But colouring? Now THAT is right up my alley. I find it so relaxing and will often do it to settle myself down if I'm stressed out. I have my own not-so-secret stash of crayons and colouring books too.

Jordan pulled out what we needed while I prepared the popcorn and drinks.

All set up and ready to go!



See the pull-up in there? I don't know why it's in the picture, but it is. Still working on potty training, my least favourite parenting job ever. But that's a whole other post, isn't it.

Here is the picture we chose to work on together:



Jordan insisted that Pooh's shirt be green. I told her that Pooh's shirt is normally red, and she said ok, but today his shirt was green.



She was very intent on working on her portion of the picture. So much so that she edged me right out of her way.



I heard lots of "I love you, Mommy!" and "I having fun, Mommy!" and "I happy now!" during our little party.



Almost done...



Note the big black bee on the right. She said they should all be black because bees are mean, they are scary and they hurt people. She said that black was her angry colour.

I guess only one bee was mean, scary and hurtful because the others were spared the wrath of The Black Crayon.

And our finished picture:



I always date the pictures I colour, and the children started doing it too. I love looking through old colouring books to see how they've improved.

I guess Jordan thought I was a lot of fun because we coloured for another hour after her nap, then we played with her Mr. Potato Head parts.

Playing is hard work you know. I can see why little people get so tired!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. oh dear!

    Pooh is looking at the yellow bees on his right while the mean black one sneaks by unnoticed on his left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I can't wait for that stage....well...I can. But you know what I mean, since you live with Playmate of the Year, and all! :-)

    ReplyDelete