Saturday, February 02, 2008

Good Times, Good Friends

Tonight Ian and I went to a surprise party for a friend of ours. It's been so long since we've socialized with friends... I can't even tell you. I'm surprised we were even invited to tell you the truth. We've really withdrawn from everyone for the last year and a bit and were dropped from various invite lists.

I made sure to nap this afternoon so I could stay up and party with the "big kids" tonight. Everyone was so happy to see us! (I told you, it's been ages!) We could only stay a couple of hours because Ian has a show in Concord tonight but I feel so .... replenished. I love these people so much. They were all fussing over me, asking me how I felt, telling me how great I look. They are so excited for us. It's unbelievable. There was so much to get caught up on, so much laughter.

The babysitter that came tonight did a great job and the kids loved her. Ian put in a pizza for them and I bought pop and chips. Here's the kicker.... she washed the dishes and the pizza pan... and wrapped and put away the leftovers. The kids have only had one other babysitter and she would eat like crazy and leave a mess. I would never expect them to do housework of any kind while watching the kids, but I have to admit, I was pretty impressed that this girl washed their dinner dishes. You'd never know she was here. Everything has been put back in place. I think Julie ran her pretty hard... she looked tired when Ian took her home!

Oh my heart feels so much better tonight. God has abundantly blessed us with friends who truly love us, whether they saw us last week or last year. I can't express how happy I am right now and how loved I feel.

Friends.... yet another beautiful gift from the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete