Friday, February 01, 2008

Sudden Realization

Today is February 1st. And my daughter is coming NEXT MONTH!

How is it that this pregnancy has flown by so quickly? It feels like last week when I was staring at the positive pregnancy test.

Today I was at the store looking at a wall of soothers and bottles and blankets and other baby paraphernalia and it hit me.... I am starting over. Completely. I feel like a brand new mother-to-be, full of excitement and nervous.

Sam is SO excited that she's coming NEXT MONTH (have to say it like that because .... well....wow). I feel like I have so much to do. The crib isn't up yet and we don't know if we've still got all the screws... I need a car seat... bedding..... stuff stuff stuff.

I can't believe that one of my biggest dreams is about to come true. I can't wait to hold her in my arms.

I'm a little nervous about how I will balance everything - three children, my home, my marraige, and eventually a job. What will the new dynamic be like? How will she fit in with her brother and sister? She will be deeply loved, that's the only thing I'm certain about.

I feel like I've got my cake AND I get to eat it too. God is so good.

2 comments:

  1. Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete