Thursday, May 29, 2008

Baby Smiles

4:30 am is Jordan's and my time together. It doesn't matter what time she goes to bed the night before, she will always wake at 4:30. I no longer struggle with getting up at this hour. Instead I now look forward to it. It's just us.

Early this morning I woke up at our usual time. I didn't wake up to the soft cries of my baby daughter. I woke up in anticipation of our time together. I lay there for almost 20 minutes until I could hear her stirring.

Once I changed and fed her, she lay all snug in my arms and beamed the biggest most beautiful smile at me. I smiled back, filled with love for this little creature that joined us exactly two months ago today.

She kept on smiling, each one bigger than the last until I was laughing out loud. I was afraid I would wake Ian with my laughter.

There we were, in the middle of the night, smiling at each other. What precious moments they were.

As her eyes slowly closed and she began to drift off to sleep she still had a smile on her face.

I am completely in love with this little girl.

1 comment:

  1. I used to love our time together in the middle of the night also! My time with Sarah, I mean...not you! LOL!!!

    Even now when Sarah wakes, I'm the first one in there to console her.

    ReplyDelete