Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all my dear friends. I hope your day is as wonderful as mine has been and that you have been honoured in some way by your children.

This morning I woke very well rested since Ian got up with Jordan during the night so I could sleep through. Thank you Ian! (I wasn't crusty at all today!)He and the kids brought me flowers, tea, OJ and fresh cinnamon buns in bed. Ian gave me an ABBA cd(LOVE you Ian!!!) and my perfume that is impossible to find. Sam and Julie each gave me a rose that says "I love you!", "Happy Mother's Day!" and "Thank you for all that you do!" when you press them and Jordan gave me a set of mugs that say "I love Mommy" on them. Lots of cards and notes and Sam gave me a plant that he started at school for me. It was a wonderful start to the day.

We went to church for the 11 am service and all the mothers got carnations from the kids. Sam and Julie each chose yellow ones for me. At one point I looked down at Jordan expecting to see her still sleeping in my arms but instead was greeted with a huge smile. She has a dimple in her left cheek! She made a few people around us laugh when she passed gas twice during prayer time. I could have done without that part..LOL. A few people held her after the service and we headed home.

Ian and I had a great discussion this afternoon while the children played outside and Jordan napped. We were able to work through a few issues together which is always a good thing. It was really nice.

Ian made dinner as well - his famous IAN Tower (get it? CN...Ian....) of pancakes. YUM! He also put strawberries and banana slices around the plate. Very pretty presentation. Dessert was apple pie and ice cream. I have been wanting apple pie for a couple of weeks now and he must have remembered. He is so sweet.

Sam, Julie and Jordan ~ thank you for my wonderful day! You are such beautiful blessings and I truly love being your mother.

Ian ~ thank you for all the special touches you put on my day, for the gifts and cards and perfume! Thank you for making me feel so special and for honouring me and supporting in my role as mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment