Sunday, August 03, 2008

Sweet Sunday

We were pretty tired when we woke up this morning and discussed skipping church today.

Again.

I really didn't feel like going. Nothing was wrong, nor did I feel sick. I just didn't want to go.

Well, experience has taught me that when I feel like that, then that is the very thing I need to be doing.

I'm very glad we went. The worship was wonderful and it was Communion Sunday and I love taking communion as a family.

We headed over to my mother's for dinner to celebrate my aunt's birthday and it was a wonderful visit. Afterwards Ian and I sat around the table with the children and my nephew and played a few hands of Cheat.

I am too honest to play this game therefore I lost every hand.

It was so nice to be able to put aside the brokenness within my family and to pretend things were like they used to be, if only for short while. For that brief period, the continual weight on my heart was lifted. I saw hope for a future with healing.

God is good.

3 comments:

  1. {{Kate}}
    Glad you had such a great day. I hope things get better and that it's the first of many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGS

    I'm glad you had such a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good visit - something to be thankful for! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete