Friday, March 19, 2010

5QF ~ March 19

Normally I'm thrilled that it's Friday but I'm not this week.

Why?

Because Ian and the children have been on vacation this week and I love being with them. Come Monday, everything will be back to normal.

:-(

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your loving and encouraging comments on my last blog post. I was feeling so low and you helped to make me feel better. Yesterday I wore my Lisa Leonard necklace with my children's names stamped on it as a reminder to be thankful for the blessings I do have.

I'm thankful for Mama M's Five Question Friday blog hop because without it, I'd have nothing for you today. I've got Spring Fever and can't concentrate on much other than this gorgeous weather and hanging with my wonderful family.

So, without further ado...let's get a move on!



1. Have you ever had a celeb sighting?

I saw Captain Kangaroo's hat at the doctor's office when I was a little girl. I would have seen all of him but I was in with the doctor while he was waiting and by the time I came out he was gone.

I saw Joe Carter (formerly???) from the Toronto Blue Jays at a basketball game. He was sitting right in front of us. Ian and I knew we knew him from somewhere but we couldn't figure it out. Ian had the bright idea of buying a program and asking him to sign it, and he did very graciously. We then flipped frantically through the book to see where he signed and then I said "Who's Joe Carter?!" louder than I intended (which happens often, but we don't need to talk about that right now) and he laughed and turned around and said he used to play for Toronto.

My response to that (insert eye roll here) was "OH! My mother LOVES YOU!" I wanted to ask him to sign my pregnant belly but Ian put they kibosh on that right away.

I also saw Ray Liotta on the jumbo tron at that same game and my concentration was lost. How could I possibly concentrate on a basketball game when I was breathing the same air as Ray Liotta??

2. What temperature do you keep your house?

I don't know. All I know is that this house is always too hot for my liking.

Wait, I sent Julie to find Ian to ask him what he sets the thermostat at and he said 20. (I think this is 68 in American)

3. Do you notice dust at other peoples homes?

Nope. I'm not there to inspect their homes, I'm there to visit with them.

4. What's the worst job you ever had?

I worked at Tim Horton's when I was 14. If you don't know what Tim Horton's is then I don't know that we can remain friends, you and I. I worked for the meanest woman EVER to walk the face of the earth. I think I worked there for about six months or so, long enough to gain 5,000 lbs that have lovingly stayed on my *badonkadonk all of these years.

*500 internet points for using badonkadonk in my post

5. What is your most sentimental possession?

I have two. The first is my blue teddy bear I've had since birth. I've cried many, many tears onto that bear over the years. He never had a name until Ian came along and named him Blue Bear. Thank you for your creativity, my love. He comforts the sad, sick, scared and lonely. He is a fine friend.

The other is a felt rat I made in the third grade. We had just finished watching Charlotte's Web and our teacher had us make them. I named him Templeton. (What...you think Ian has the corner market on creativity?? ) That rat has been everywhere. I know that as a Christian I shouldn't have a "good luck charm" or be superstitious, but I truly cannot help it. If I travel, he comes with me. If I, or someone I love, has surgery then a piece of him goes with him. He's always in my purse. I pinned him to the inside of my dress on my wedding day. He's so dirty but I'm afraid he'll fall apart if I put him in the washing machine.

Well that concludes my exceptionally chatty Five Question Friday. Join in if you'd like - it's what all the cool kids do on Fridays :-)

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. 5000 lbs really? You are hilarious. I know I should be more sympathetic sorry. I really am a bad friend. Forgive me will you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, You crack me up. I love you to pieces, enjoy your family today.
    While I was reading, I accidentally right clicked, love the little warning message.
    BTW-Congrats on Internet points.
    Oh! and can you translate 20 for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:14 a.m.

    Oh my my, Ray Liotta? That is really cool. I wouldn't have been able to concentrate either! He is too cool for school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! Well played badonkadonk!
    Enjoy the rest of your break with your crew! ((YOU!))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Badonkadonk!!! Badonkadonk!!!

    Sorry, couldn't resist :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I want to see a pic of the necklace!!! Can you do a blog post, Please??? I bet it's wonderful!

    The Joe Carter thing...um, well, I say things too loud all the time!!! I was told in school that my voice "travels"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Badonkadonk...ding ding ding, you WIN! :)
    Okay I have to admit something, I don't know what Tim Hortons is. Is this the end of us? :( I will study up on it though, I will win you back somehow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cant believe I actually love you MORE after reading that post. You are seriously the funniest wittiest person I have ever met.

    #separatedatbirth

    Oh yeah. Im not on twitter am I.

    :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brandi ~ ok... maybe 4,999.

    Heidi ~ I think it's 68?? (I added that to my blog post)

    Robin ~ He's super seksi.

    Megan ~ I'm gonna step it up with another one in a future post. Maybe I'll slip two or three in there ((YOU!))

    Cop Mama ~ BADONKADONK. I tend to speak really loud when surprised. Ian hates it!

    Laura ~ GASP! I will forgive you this time... it's a coffee shop that produces the best coffee in the world (or so I'm told - I'm not a coffee drinker)

    Amanda ~ LOL - I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yo Hubby Ian1:09 p.m.

    Kate...
    First of all... yes... 20 degrees CELSIUS is 68 degrees FAHRENHEIT. That's just below normal room temperature which is why the rest of the house is freezing when you claim to be sweating from the heeat.
    Second... Ray Liotta? Really? Super "seksi", huh? Hmmmph!
    Third... I do NOT hate it when you're loud. I hate when you're loud right after I've put the baby to sleep or when you scold ME for being loud, ignoring the fact that you yell just as much.
    Finally, love you. And I won't do the bracket hugs because I'm lucky enough to be able to do the real thing. So there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cant believe I actually love you MORE after reading that post. You are seriously the funniest wittiest person I have ever met.

    #separatedatbirth

    Oh yeah. Im not on twitter am I.

    :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yo Hubby Ian11:02 p.m.

    Kate...
    First of all... yes... 20 degrees CELSIUS is 68 degrees FAHRENHEIT. That's just below normal room temperature which is why the rest of the house is freezing when you claim to be sweating from the heeat.
    Second... Ray Liotta? Really? Super "seksi", huh? Hmmmph!
    Third... I do NOT hate it when you're loud. I hate when you're loud right after I've put the baby to sleep or when you scold ME for being loud, ignoring the fact that you yell just as much.
    Finally, love you. And I won't do the bracket hugs because I'm lucky enough to be able to do the real thing. So there!

    ReplyDelete