Saturday, March 20, 2010

Why Did I Watch This Movie?

You know the hype going on about the world ending in 2012? Well, I haven't been paying too much attention to it because I didnt want to get all caught up in it.

Then, last night...I watched this:



And I wish I didn't.

About 20 minutes into it I started to feel anxious and sweaty.

It took me back to my elementary school years when I went to school with a kid named Matthew. He started telling the kids at school that the world was going to end on May 12th and I believed him. I started dreading that day and was so full of fear that we were all going to die that I begged my mother to stay home from work so that we could face the end of the world together.

Imagine my embarrassment on May 13th.

Would you believe me if I told you he did this three times before my family moved to another city? Well he did. You'd think I'd have caught on after the first time. Seriously, what elementary school kid can predict the end of the world? And what kind of dork would believe him three times??

Remember the Y2K hype? Yep. I fell for that too. I stocked our fridge, filled our bathtubs with water, made enough baby formula for three days and so on.

So here we are with the 2012 hype and guess who's feeling anxious?

Ian told me not to watch this movie. One of these days I'm going to listen to him.

Ugh.

Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. lol... I didn't waste my time watching this movie not out of fear of the world endidng in 2012, but rather of getting bored to death through the movie!

    Fear NOT- Not even the angels know when the coming of the Lord is..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh honey, you should have listened to your husband. Lol. I don't want to watch it for that reason...plus I have heard that it wasn't a good movie. Oh well, I will be sure to say HOWDY NEIGHBOR on Jan. 1st, 2013! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen to your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You`re so funny. wish I could tell you that I never get worked up over such things...but I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the heads up on the movie...won't watch it if it's OnDemand.

    Like Jackie said, no one knows when the hour or the day. Both the book of Matthew and Luke say "Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Don't worry...just be ready. Oh, and next time, listen to Ian. :o) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matthew 24:36 & Mark 13:32

    Basically I believe that means that the world cannot possibly end in 2012 because Jesus said NO ONE knows the time. And like Sharon said, What can you add to your life by worrying (I know, I know that's in the Bible too).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't watch junk like this or believe when anyone says they know when the Lord will return, and I look forward to the day he does. I don't understand honestly why anyone who is a Christian lives in fear of this....if you know the Lord Jesus and have a relationship with him what does it matter? You're going to be with him, not here! Worry and anxiety of NOT of the Lord, when you have that, it's Satan taking control.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with RaD! I couldn't have said it better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see people have already shared the verse in Matthew.

    And listen to Ian next time!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh... I'm sorry about that! God says that no one knows the day or the hour of His return. I'm looking forward to the Lord coming back to bring us to heaven! What a day that will be!
    I pray that you can cast all of your cares upon him and that your anxiety will vanish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cant believe my good solid Christian friend FELL for it!! How silly Kate! You should know better.

    *secret*
    I was terrified after watching 'The Day After Tomorrow'. I think its the scariest movie of all time and get sweaty just thinking about it.
    *end of secret*

    Ok, have a good day!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing how stuff like that sticks with us, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I better not watch it... really... and than you for the reminder, I had started getting curious, and you know what they say about curiousity...?

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi there, I am your latest follower. You can also follow me at www.safehomehappymom.com

    Your blog is really informative, I will be hanging around for awhile digging into archives.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Listen to your hubby!!

    ReplyDelete