Saturday, March 13, 2010

Random Ramblings

Today I thought I'd shake things up in my world and shop at a different grocery store because I was feeling pretty wild and crazy.

Instead of shopping at Metro as per my usual routine, I went to Sobeys. I don't go there very often but when I do I get so excited. It has the feel of a US grocery store and I think you all know by now that I love all things American. (Hello Walmart)

I don't know how to explain what a US grocery store feels like, so just pretend like you know what I mean.

While I was driving there, my most favourite song EVER came on the radio: Good Vibrations by Marky Mark And The Funky Bunch.



Oooooooooh mother of pearl.... I loved Marky Mark back in the day. I would listen to this song over and over and over, wishing I could be one of his back up dancers and wear paper bag jeans (remember those?) and go on tour.

My friend and I used to cruise all around in her little Hyundai Pony, all four windows down with this song blaring. We thought we were so cool.

We also used to drive up alongside other cars and point at their tires and say "Your tire's a wheel! Your tire's a wheel!" with panicked looks on our faces and we'd laugh as they'd wave their thanks and pull over.

Yes. I really was that lame back then.

All that just to say that I loved hearing that song again.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


I'm out of the loop as to what is happening on Lost lately. Our tv has been acting up because of pixelation issues. Do you know what that means? I was trying to sound all tech-y there for you. THANK GOODNESS I have Ian because he is downloading the last couple of episodes for me.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Today Julie fashioned a sling out of her scarf and stuck her arm in it and wore it all day so she could pretend what it was like to have a broken arm. She also wore a pair of Harry Potter glasses too. Not sure what was up with that.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


I had to buy a new purse last year because the one I had was all nasty and worn out. I don't enjoy purse shopping and I only buy a new one when absolutely necessary or every ten years depending which comes first. Also, I have an extremely small budget when it comes to them: $25.00 before taxes. I will not exceed this amount, even if it means I have to cart my belongings around in a brown paper bag.

I am kind of in love with Coach, but as my friend loves to remind me, "$25.00 won't even buy you a luggage tag at Coach, Kate."

Anyway, I was shopping last summer and found a bag I loved. Loved. The price? $24.99.

SCORE!

It wasn't until I got it home and went to snip off the price tag that I realized the bag started out costing $100.

DOUBLE SCORE!!

From that moment on, it was known as My One Hundred Dollar Purse.

All that to say, it appears to have a small hole in the bottom of it now.

Grr.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


I am so excited that the clocks are going forward tonight. More daylight = a happy Kate. It's my most favourite time of the year after Easter, Christmas and birthdays.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


I've been wanting to polish my nails for weeks now but I never get around to it. I'm not sure, but I think that could be classified as Extreme Laziness.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


I am loving Beth Moore's book So Long Insecurity. We have been discussing chapter one in my BlogFrog community this week and I am loving it.

If you are interested in joining in it's not too late! You are more than welcome. The chapters are short but full of great things to think about.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~


That's a wrap for tonight!

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I love all these thoughts. I have old nail polish on and have been trying to get up the energy to take it off cause its so ugly right now but I am... you guess it.. too lazy.

    Love to you!
    Amanda

    P.S. Guess what arrived in the mail!! My beth Moore book.. I can start reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a whole bunch of randomness! I have been thinking about you a lot today with a lot of prayers thrown in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that cd! I wonder what I did with it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm totally the same way about purses...$25 is about my purse budget too.
    so sad there is a hole in your $100 super fantastic purse.
    blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am living the "US Grocery Store" life right now and TOTALLY understand what you mean...the thing I looked forward to most about this trip to Florida was to be able to shop at Publix...we have been here less than 24 hours and I have been there three times. Yep....I know exactly what you mean.

    LOL at Julie and her sling...my sister used to do that ALL the time when we were kids...she wanted a broken arm, a broken leg, braces and glasses. HA! Silly little girlies with great imaginations!

    I love the spring forward as well AND I have nail polish on my toes from JANUARY. I am in Florida and didn't get a pedi....THAT's lazy.

    Have a great week! I'll try to bring home some sunshine to start off our Canadian spring! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very curious as to what a Canadian store is like now...I didn't know they were different. Are they made of ice? ;)

    More sun = Happy Laura too!! Woohoo

    Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More sunlight, so lovin it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That song was taking it way back... I cranked it up and me and Emma danced in the living room.. Thanks :)

    I am super excited about the extra daylight as well :) that means summer time is just around the corner.

    Off to finish up dinner so I can work on a blog post for tonight.. dont want to get in trouble for not posting frequently enough ;)

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to love Mark Wahlberg too. Funny now.

    I can't stand to spend so much on a purse either! Just nonsense. There are so many other ways I could find to spend a couple hundren dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to love Mark Wahlberg too. Funny now.

    I can't stand to spend so much on a purse either! Just nonsense. There are so many other ways I could find to spend a couple hundren dollars.

    ReplyDelete