Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kate Goes To The Laundromat

Today was extremely exciting for me for two reasons.

1) I went to the laundromat today. I have fallen terribly, terribly, terribly behind in my laundering duties and I needed to get caught up. Ian offered to go on Saturday but I felt bad and said I would do it myself.

And today was that day. So exciting.

Ian loaded up the van (and by saying "loaded" I need you to envision a van all puffed out) and I headed off.

I headed towards the one closest to my house but I was a little turned off by the creepy dude standing out front and the bars on the windows. Being that I wasn't in the mood to be killed or have my laundry stolen, I figured I'd better go on to location # 2.

Location # 2 was located next to the police station so that was a bonus. No bars on the windows here, thankyouverymuch. It was clean and empty.

I won't tell you how much laundry I had because then you will think I am a pig and stop liking me, so I'll just say that it was a lot.

A lot.

I loaded up four washers to begin with. Then I got all brave and loaded another four washers.

Oh yeah, that laundromat was all about me today. All about me.

I danced and sang along with the radio and shook my badonkadonk like there was no tomorrow. I used their little laundry baskets on wheels and then hogged six dryers.

You know that urban legend about people that will wait until you aren't looking to open your washer/dryer and toss their stuff in with yours? Didn't happen on my watch. Oh no ma'am.

The owner came in while I was folding and talked and talked while I folded my underwear. I would have thought he was creepy except he was just as interested in my towels. Weird. He proceeded to tell me the population of just about every country there is, that Pakistan doubled it's population in 20 years, and Newfoundland produces most of our Canadians.

I had a wonderful time.

Time spent? 2 hours, 30 minutes.

Cost? $41.50

I told you it was a lot. Don't be rolling your eyes and judging me now.

2) The second reason I am so excited today is because I have discovered grape juice. I don't know where its been all my life, but right now it's in my belly. I am going to have to buy more tomorrow because it's starting to invade my thoughts.

Yeah. I know that sounds lame but I just can't help it.

And that concludes my most exciting day.

Photobucket

22 comments:

  1. Wow Kate! That's a shizload of laundry!! ;-)

    sounds super fun though..haha..

    Grape juice huh..reminds me of communion..

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regular grape juice or white grape juice?
    Seriously you have options in the grape juice area.

    Doesn't it feel great to get the laundry done? Now did you come home and put it all away?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA Badonkadonk (I have really got to get the score tallied although I am very certain you have won!)

    Funny stuff in here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU are too cute! And dang...I missed out on the internet challenge...I sooooo shoulda thrown in badonkadonk to my vlog!

    Perhaps something like, "I'm gonna shake my MinneSOOOta badonkadonk, doncha know you betcha lemme tell ya."

    ReplyDelete
  5. With the amount of laundry I had yesterday, I should have gone to the laundry mat. It would have been much faster. 7 loads complete and two more to do today, do not feel bad sista. You are not alone in your laundry neglect.And you burned calories while shaking your grove thang, a good day in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate, I rolled on the floor laughing at this post. Literally, I walked around giggling for so long my husband asked if I was drunk - I love you!

    But, do you not have a washer and dryer in your house? Or did you just want to get it all done at once? I've never thought of that! Brilliant!

    Mmmm grape juice... mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you know, I think it would be easier to do that much laundry at a laundromat. I have about 7 loads downstairs waiting for me (it will be waiting all day today and most of the day tomorrow too- at which time it will multiply and become 8). It will take me a good 12 hours to get that mess deconstructed. I think I need to go hook up a bank of washers like you did! Awesome day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh..I LOVE this post. It's too funny! Even better after your vlog. I got the total picture now! That is a LOT of laundry..I think I would have ran out of clothes before then!
    PS..Grape Juice rocks! [& white for the kids..even though it's more expensive]

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I may have once caught someone attempting to sneak in their handfull of stuff into an unsuspecting patron's dryer. Man, if only that would have happened too, that would have taken the cake! Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAH! I am in serious trouble when my washer breaks! ALL life comes to a halt with 6 daughters, and parents that change often!
    Good for you, life must feel a little lighter :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Incredible! DANG! That's a heck of a lot of laundry!!!! ;) ROTFL

    I guess that's one of the "one child" blessings. One dark load, one white load, one load of sheets/towels.....per week. That's about it. MAYBE OCCASIONALLY I'll have an extra mid-week load if someones running out of socks or underwear. ;)

    I do know how you feel though - our dryer recently broke down and I temporarily had to use the laundermat for a few weeks until we purchased a replacement. Lots of interesting people there......LOL

    Love grape juice too, I go through phases though...I'm on a Ruby Red kick right now. Gotta have me some Ruby Red with breakfast each morning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL... Same here ...
    I spent about the same amount yesterday
    doing my laundry
    I had so much to do ... I promised my self not to let it get this bad again LOL ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved this post! So simple and yet so well written. You took an ordinary day and made it so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HA! That was a funny story. It's kind of fun reading about your more "normal" days when you spruce them up a bit.

    And no, I still haven't gotten my book, and I'm getting further and further behind :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy crapola, $41.50!?! Not judging...just saying that is a whole ton of laundry. But seriously, is it not the best? I loved going to the laundromat in college, so fabulous! Also, you kill me...so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How have you never had grape juice? Which I do NOT like BTW. Is it new to Canada? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I found you thru BlogFrog (I already forgot, which is sad, considering I'm a Community Leader), and I was hooked after reading your profile :)

    And now Ethel and I are following you... tho maybe not all the way to the laundromat.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the laugh - but now you've got me thinking maybe I should reserve Sat afternoon to take my clothes to the laundry mat....not because I have so much, but to get some time alone! :-)

    Man, I haven't been there since I was a kid - bars on the windows?! Robbers must be hard up to break in to get quarters...

    ReplyDelete
  19. HA! That was a funny story. It's kind of fun reading about your more "normal" days when you spruce them up a bit.

    And no, I still haven't gotten my book, and I'm getting further and further behind :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I found you thru BlogFrog (I already forgot, which is sad, considering I'm a Community Leader), and I was hooked after reading your profile :)

    And now Ethel and I are following you... tho maybe not all the way to the laundromat.

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my gosh..I LOVE this post. It's too funny! Even better after your vlog. I got the total picture now! That is a LOT of laundry..I think I would have ran out of clothes before then!
    PS..Grape Juice rocks! [& white for the kids..even though it's more expensive]

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  22. With the amount of laundry I had yesterday, I should have gone to the laundry mat. It would have been much faster. 7 loads complete and two more to do today, do not feel bad sista. You are not alone in your laundry neglect.And you burned calories while shaking your grove thang, a good day in my book.

    ReplyDelete