Saturday, June 14, 2008

Goodbye Precious...

Today I had to say goodbye to an old friend. Her name is Precious. Yes... Precious is a tv. We inherited her from Ian's dad awhile ago. He said that the picture tube was shot and if Ian could fix it he could have her. So Ian fixed her and she made her way into our bedroom. She is a very large tv with a 32" screen and I loved her. I could get all tucked in bed and watch whatever I wanted. We became extremely close during my pregnancy as we spent many hours together.

Here is my friend Precious.





Apparently many of the regular tv stations are switching to digital come February and analog tvs won't work without a converter box. Unfortunately Precious is an analog tv, weighs a ton and is very obtrusive, Ian tells me. She blocks the smallest window in our bedroom but I don't care. I don't want the neighbours peeping at me anyhow. He's been wanting to get rid of her for awhile now but I kept hanging on.

Enter the real estate agent. She told us that we'd have to get rid of Precious in order to display the window and let in even more light. That was all Ian needed to hear.

He's been working on me since Tuesday. I actually felt teary at the thought of parting with her luciously large, clear screen and easy to use buttons.

Yesterday he was shopping around and found a new tv... an LCD flat screen with a built in DVD player. Apparently it was the last one in stock and he got an incredible deal on it. He called me to ask me what I wanted to do... I hestitated and he reminded me that she just had to go. So... WELCOME SLIM!





I have yet to bond with Slim. I am not interested in learning how to work him. I resent his 19" screen and fancy shmancy built in dvd player. I fear that I will not see facial expressions etc on such a small screen....

I am spoiled. I admit it.

Farewell Precious.... it was nice while it lasted....

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:37 p.m.

    You belong in Woodbridge....PRINCESS!

    P.S. Where's Ian?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! I'm sure you and slim will get long just fine and bond in no time!

    ReplyDelete