Saturday, June 07, 2008

Yay! Yay! YAY!

My carpets were cleaned today!!! The entire main floor, the upstairs hallway and two sets of stairs!!! YAY!

I can't believe it. It feels as though we jumped into the final stretch in getting this house ready to sell. Monday night the realtor comes! WOW!

Can you tell I am beyond excited??

Ian and I took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda this afternoon and I think Jordan enjoyed it the most. Her eyes never left the screen! Two months old and she's already been to her first movie. Too cute. I loved hearing the children laughing. I got to sit next to Sam and after awhile he held my hand which is one of my most favourite things EVER. The movie was ok but it won't be on my list of all-time favourites. I do love Jack Black though and the character of Po was SO him.

Before the movie started we went into Home Depot to pick up a few things for the house to do some minor repairs and checked out the paint section, dreaming about what colours we'd use in our new home. I had originally planned to do Jordan's nursery in purple and white but Julie has decided that she wants her room to be purple. Figures! Ahh well, she is the big sister after all, so she can have the first pick. She changes her mind quite often so who knows what colour she'll want next week. ;-) I checked out some of the appliances and took note of what they cost and Ian showed me the jacuzzi tub he's been drooling over. I will feel bad for him when he goes to take a bath at the new house and will have to use a regular tub. Poor Ian! Aww.. I make him sound spoiled. He doesn't drink, smoke or gamble but he does enjoy a hot soak to start his day. Can't fault him for that.

When we got home I had a visit with my neighbour from across the street. He and his wife are so nice and they have an adorable 2 1/2 year old daughter. She and I wave at each other from our windows and sometimes she'll come over to check out what I'm doing if I'm outside. My neighbour shared with me that he has been recently diagnosed with Stage 2 colon cancer. I was so surprised because he is so young and he said it was by the grace of God that they found it at all. I told him that I would pray for him and he was very grateful. He just had his first round of chemotherapy and will have eight more sessions done every three weeks. Even though I know the Lord will take good care of him, my heart is still heavy. He has such a long and difficult road ahead of him. I don't remember his name because he has a very long indian name, so I just call him Buddy Across The Street. That's what I call my neighbours if I don't know their names. Buddy Down The Street, Buddy Around The Corner, Buddy Behind Us.

Maybe you could say a prayer for Buddy Across The Street too.

No comments:

Post a Comment