Friday, June 20, 2008

Sometimes I Just Gotta Shake My Head

Had to get gas today and this is what I saw...



Considering it's reached as high as $1.39 this was pretty much on sale. I was practically apoplectic with excitement.

This is all that $25 got me today.



Not even half a tank.



As much as I'd like to complain about the rapidly rising gas prices, I just don't have the energy tonight.

Poor Jordan... we had to run some errands today and this is how she looked in her car seat. I don't know how to keep her upright.



As I was driving along doing my errands, I was amazed at the clouds. They were so fluffy I had to take a picture for my blog obsession.



Oooh... fluffy.

Earlier this evening Ian spoke to the realtor that was here last night and told him we'd like to sign him. He had some news for us too... The house across the street - which is the exact same model as ours - is for sale too. Boo.

I've had a couple of moments of worry since Ian relayed this information to me. What if ours won't sell? What if we have to take a loss because of this guy? UGH.

But... I know that God is in charge. I know this. He has a home picked out for us already, and that family is working just as hard to prepare their home to sell as we are. I know that it won't matter what happens, He has things under control. He will bring things about so that everything falls together as He has planned. What a relief it is to rest in that simple truth.

This is something that absolutely KILLS me.



This is my neighbour's lawn. As you can clearly see, it's a small lawn and it belongs to two homes. The home on the left chose to re-seed their side and water it. The grass is lovely.

I have to wonder though....why not do the WHOLE lawn??? Maybe they aren't friends.

Then there is the other side. That guy decided to just re-sod his side. It doesn't look quite as nice, but one day it will. Again... why not talk to the other guy and re-sod the whole thing??

And then here's the kicker.... the guy on the right side only cut HIS side of the grass!!

Like I said... sometimes I just gotta shake my head...

5 comments:

  1. Did you notice that cloud looks like a heart? :)

    We always cut our neighbour's lawn which is much bigger than yours. He is very appreciative and says thank you on a regular basis, but that's not why we do it. It's just the neighbourly thing to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:44 p.m.

    Kate - I'm loving the addition of photos to your recent blog posts!

    p.s. if you want to keep Jordan from falling forward in her carseat, check the angle. The seat should be at a 45 degree angle (it should have a leveller on it). I just recently completed my car seat technician training, so if you have any questions, let me know - if you want me to "butt out", let me know that too...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:27 p.m.

    Jen: I can't see a heart :-(. Ian cut our neighbour's grass the other night as you know and we still haven't heard anything. I was raised to do both sides of the lawn and shovel both sides of the driveway but this time around I just plain ole didn't wanna.
    Julie: Thanks! Can you tell I am becoming addicted? Her carseat does have a leveller on it and it says that when the car seat is installed properly only blue will show in the window which is the way it is when she's all bent over like that. I think I'll drop by the police department and have them install it correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Julie beat me too it!

    I can speak from experience that the one that is built in with the carseat isn't always right. On the day of our carseat clinic, I installed a car seat base that wan't 45 degrees even if the lever said so.

    Let Julie or I know if you need any other advice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate - I'm loving the addition of photos to your recent blog posts!

    p.s. if you want to keep Jordan from falling forward in her carseat, check the angle. The seat should be at a 45 degree angle (it should have a leveller on it). I just recently completed my car seat technician training, so if you have any questions, let me know - if you want me to "butt out", let me know that too...LOL.

    ReplyDelete